Saturday, May 21, 2005

Saturday

I lied. Summer has arrived with a vengeance. Oh for those cool days we enjoyed this spring. This weekend hit 90+ degrees and I'm out there like I had good sense. The yard looks great but all the irises I transplanted last year went utterly berserk. I expected to get up one morning and see them working their way under the doors and through the windows.

No more though. I was ruthless ripping those suckers out by the roots. There are a few left, but they'll come back again...and again and again. I should start my own mail order business selling irises. They're more prolific than the weeds, and that's saying a whole bunch.
Maybe I can pawn them off on someone at work. Too bad the grass doesn't grow as aggressively.

Well now that I've cooled off a little bit, time to hit the shovel detail again.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home