Monday, July 04, 2005

Rat Pack


Ewwww! I scooped a large, dead rat out of the garden pond this morning when I went to add water. So I ran and got two plastic bags, count them, that's two, (one inside the other) and the leaf scooper. I wasn't going to touch that thing with or without gloves.

I'm sure it's the same one Jimbob and I saw yesterday stealing seed from the bird feeder. We were saying that we needed to call Terminex again to put out a trap. I don't like to kill any animal, but from past experience, I don't want a rat in my attic when the weather turns cold.

Okay, so I dumped the big rat into the two plastic bags and since I'm such a compulsive person, I decided to scoop out the leaves while I was there. My first swish through the water and I got a full strainer of vegetation and another little present. Ewwww. It was a baby rat about a third of the size of the first one.

The baby must have fallen in first and the mother tried to save it. Well, if there was one baby, maybe there were more. So my fertile mind (aka paranoid) is thinking, is it a Rat Pack? So I scoured the pond looking for more babies. Dipping and scooping, over and over, I finally accepted the fact I'd gotten them all. The soggy bodies of the drowned rats safely inside the two plastic bags was then deposited into a third plastic bag and thrown into the dumpster.

Well, I guess there's no need to call Terminex.......unless.......maybe.......the rest of the babies are old enought to survive on their own. Noooooooo, were being over run by blood thirsty rodents starved for meat.

1 Comments:

Blogger DBFrank said...

Having grown up on a farm, I can attest to the fact that rats are a grand nuisance...
Thanks for stopping by my place and leaving a comment. I like what you have here, too :)

Post a Comment

<< Home