Sunday, July 03, 2005

SOCK MONSTER



I have a sock monster living in my laundry room. I'm not sure whether it's in the washer or the dryer, but one of these days I'll catch it. I'm betting it'll be a little green fuzzball with red eyes, purple antenna and the biggest yellow teeth you've ever seen in such a small creature.

You ask "Why would it need big yellow teeth?" Well, of course they're for eating socks. Sock monsters hate PAIRS of anything, but especially socks. I don't care how many times I count the PAIRS of blue socks, pink socks, brown socks or black socks before I put them in to wash, but they inevitably come out as mismatched single socks. Some are even different colors than when I put them in.

I don't know if the second half of a PAIR disappers in the wash or after I put them in the dryer, but somehow they are dispatched to sock heaven when I'm not looking. Oh where, oh where has my little sock gone? Oh where, oh where can it be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home