Monday, July 25, 2005

Good News, Bad News

I went to a Pain Management doctor on Friday afternoon for my chronic back pain. That was good. He gave me three prescriptions with the warning that one of them, a low dosage of morphine might make me sick. That was bad.

Saturday morning I got up feeling a little queasy, so I ate a banana before taking any more of the morphine. That was bad. I managed to get my shower, before my stomach erupted. Strange as it sounds, I didn't really feel bad, I just needed to get the morphine out of my system. So, I decided to go ahead and pick up my friend, LW, and go to the girls breakfast. That was good.

Breakfast was terrific and we spent a lot of time chatting over coffee and mimosas. Just as LW and I were ready to leave, my stomach did flip flops, and there went breakfast down the toilet. That was bad. I still didn't feel bad and LW and I had planned to go shopping, so I wasn't going to let something so minor spoil our day. That was good.

unfortunately, while we were shopping I started to get a migrain. That was very bad. For those of you who have never had a migrain headache, you probably won't appreciate just how miserable they are. Anyway, we finished our shopping without further incidents.

By the time I got home, I was starving, so I ate a popsicle and then fell asleep. When I woke up, my head was worse and the popsicle went the way of everything else I'd had for the day. There was no way I could take my Imitrex and keep it down, so things went from bad to worse.

Jimbob finally got home from teaching and by then I'd had enough. I guess that was good. He drove me to the ER to get more drugs. After a couple of hours, I finally got to see a doctor. He shot me up with some major pain killer and some wonderful stuff called Phenergan to get rid of the nausea. That was even better.

At home, I fell asleep in the middle of sipping some broth. Jimbob covered me with a blanket and left me to sleep it off in the recliner. In fact I slept all day Sunday and through Sunday night. As far as I'm concerned, that was good.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karyn Lyndon said...

Oh, man...there's nothing worse than nausea. Glad you're feeling better!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Talk about nausea!--- got the top of my hair "hilighted"!! today, and I look as though I have bad brown toupee sitting atop my already not so great grey hair. Am thinking of writing a book and calling it "The death of a hairdresser."
Have an appointment with a color professional tomorrow to try and calm this new look down enough so that I can show up for choir practice or --- just be seen in public anywhere! Please, give me morphine!

Post a Comment

<< Home