Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Yikes!

It's so good to be back (don't believe everything you read). I'm down to 145 email messages from 289 when I came in yesterday. Sure, some of them were junk, but the majority are from people saying, "Gimme". Below is day 2 into our Glorieta experience.


Monday 7/11. Last night’s opening performance was by the Louisiana All-State Baptist Youth Choir. There were approximately 100 teenagers singing their hearts out. My goodness, what a treat to hear. The best part was, they wanted to be there.

This morning was absolutely glorious in Glorieta (there's that pun again). Jimbob loved the fact that it was 53 degrees when we went for breakfast. As usual, I was bundled up in a sweater. He’s in a class for improving your piano technique while I write, and then we’ll both sing in the conference choir for morning worship.

The only place I could find a power outlet is in the big worship center, so I’m sitting in the back listening to the organist warm up. The Star Wars theme on the organ is awesome. Everyone else will trickle in as their classes end. I think it’s time for me to do a little bit of work. At least that’s the excuse that I gave Jimbob for not attending a class this AM. In reality, my piano technique is non-existent and my forte in life is NOT working with young children.


This is a picture of the prayer garden. I know it's kind of hard to tell much about it, but it's such a lovely place to go read. The big trees are Aspens that were planted here 50 something years ago. Although not indigenous to the area, they have done very well as you can see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home