Saturday, April 15, 2006

On A Sad Note

I think I've mentioned in the past that each Easter Jimbob conducts the local community choir in the Messiah. This morning was our last rehearsal before the performance tomorrow night.

I'd noticed that one of the young ladies (probably mid 30's) who has been there many years seemed not to feel well, but I just thought maybe she was pregnant. When I saw her come in this morning I made the comment to my neighbor that Crista looked awful.

Come to find out she has a very aggressive brain cancer. More than likely she will not be there to sing with us next year. She was so worried that her musical talents would be affected and she would not be able to perform this Easter. In addition, she and her husband have just adopted two small children.

I know there are no guarantees in life, but what really tore my heart out is that she asked Jimbob if they could sing a duet called, "Oh Death, Where is Thy Sting?"

I haven't got the heart to tell Jimbob that she is dying because he wouldn't make it through the performance without breaking down. My beautiful husband has become more emotional as he's grown older.

Please pray for Crista that she is granted her wish to sing tomorrow night. She appeared very weak and in great pain today. This will probably be her last performance.

4 Comments:

Blogger Hale McKay said...

That's so sad. My prayers are for her.
...Enjoy Easter.

Blogger Deb said...

She, and you all will be in my prayers.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww... so sad. i hate it when bad stuff happens to people so young.

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

Nan,

I haven't been by for a while (LOTS of excuses), but I'm really touched by Crista's courage. Please tell us how the duet went, and any further details you might have.

John

Post a Comment

<< Home