Monday, March 20, 2006

It's Late, It's Late

I'm totally brain dead. I finally got Jimbob to pack for his Russian mission trip last night after 10:00 PM. Of course he had to be at church by 7:00 AM today to ride with the rest of the group. It wouldn't have been so bad if we didn't live 20 miles from church and traffic is atrocious in the mornings. I should know, I drive it everyday.

My darling hubby likes to wait until the last possible moment to leave to see how far he can push the time frame and not be late. Then he gets mad if he doesn't make it. It's a mind game with him and half the time he isn't even aware of what he's doing.

I was up at 5:00 and ready to go by a quarter to 6:00 while he hadn't even gotten in the shower yet. I'm an absolute fanatic when it comes to getting somewhere on time. I'll even arrive early and sit in the car and read.

Anyway, now that that stress is over, I plan to do NOTHING this evening. Well...at least for the first five minutes after I get home.

3 Comments:

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

I'm with you, Nan. I'd rather be 30 minutes early than 2 minutes late.

Relax, now. Breathe.

John

Blogger Karyn Lyndon said...

I'm more like Jimbob...except I don't get mad when I'm late...I'm used to it by now.

Blogger Deb said...

Grrr. My hubby is the same way. Maddening, isn't it?

Post a Comment

<< Home