Wednesday, February 15, 2006

CONSPIRACY

Okay, yesterday I mentioned that I had poured various liquids into my keyboard at one time or another. So guess what I did this morning?

Yup, a brand new, piping hot cup of tea. Thank goodness that it was straight up, no sugar or lemon and I had one of those funky plastic lids that you open the little tab to drink from.

I also keep a supply of napkins at my desk for just such emergencies. Now at least the top of my desk around the keyboard is clean.

I heard on the radio once that the average business desk has more germs per square inch than a toilet seat. It was on the radio, so it had to be true.

Oh, by the way, I said I thought the cleaning people were fooling around with my water bottle, and you were sitting there saying, "Yeah right"? Well a friend came over from the other side of the fence and asked if someone had messed around with my chair. He said all of the chairs in his row were lowered as far as they would go.

This AM my chair was lowered and the armrests had been moved. Supposedly it had something to do with cleaning the carpets. Don't ask me. I have no idea how the two are related. Wait... the devil made them do it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

We've had some weird goings-on occasionally at our cube farm here too--shoes being moved, stuff like that. And we don't think it's the cleaning people because most of us think the cleaning people are just a myth.

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

Oh, dear! The "Conspiracy" is growing! And YOU named it in the title to your post. Good luck, Nan.

I'm still being afflicted. After a $3,000 transmission rebuild, my van's front suspension is making grinding noises like bad ball joints. What next?

John

Blogger Deb said...

That always happened to me when I worked with the school district. Things always seemed to be missing and being moved around on my desk.

Blogger Moggy said...

I somehow ended up on your blog by the poem. Babbelorious and if you type that word into google, you are the only thing that comes up. I posted this comment there and just today realized that is really far down in your bog.

Anyway I think the cleaning people probably don't know I have a desk under the papers.

Blogger the many Bs said...

Yuck - more germs than a toilet seat? When I sit down at my desk tomorrow morning, I just know I'm going to think of that.

Post a Comment

<< Home