Monday, February 13, 2006

RAT RACE

I’ve been so busy this past week that I haven’t had time to visit with anyone, let alone doing a post. I have so little free time anymore that I have to ration it. When it comes to blogging or working on my book, well I’ve chosen my book. And damn little of that.

Payback for my Master Gardening class has started. Now I only have 57.5 hours community service before November instead of 65. Gardening is something I love to do, but when you hafta, it seems like a chore. But it was my choice to take the class knowing what I was getting into.

Last Saturday about 10 of us headed for the TAMU extension facility to do winter clean-up. And yes it really was fun in spite of a 30 MPH wind and temperatures in the 40’s. And wouldn’t you know it? I walked out to my car that morning at 8:15 to load all my stuff and the left rear tire was well on its way to being flat.

Right then and there I seriously considered, going back inside where it was WARM. My kids always tell me I’m a wimp because I hate the cold (and roller coasters). I don’t care if I did spend 18 years in Illinois, I’m still a Californian.

Now, what was I saying? Oh yeah, back to the errant tire. I loaded my wheelbarrow, pruning shears, lopping shears, hedge shears, rake and shovel and back brace into the Jeep and headed to the nearest Discount Tire store. I remembered the pain pills at the last minute, but forgot the PEPSI. Oh, no! Horror of horrors. NO PEPSI.

My kudos go to the men at Discount Tire in McKinney (the one @ 75 and Eldorado). They met me at the door, asked what the problem was and then got me back on the road as quickly as possible.

2 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

So . . . the guys at Discount Tire gave you a Pepsi?

Wind chills near ten degrees here in Michigan, so I'm not too sympathetic about your 40 degree temps there. We won't see that for another month or more.

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

Discount Tire is one of my favorite places. Good products, good service, good price. Hard to beat!

John

Post a Comment

<< Home