Sunday, January 15, 2006

Just Checking In

I was reminded yesterday by a friend that I had not posted in quite some time. The deluge at work that I had been anticipating STRUCK. It's the same every year. We go from very slow because all our projects are winding down and the budgets for the new year have not been approved.

Last Wednesday, I nearly had a melt down. The woman I have been training the last couple of months has decided that she knows more about our job than anyone else. Between myself and the other estimator, we have roughly 50 years of experience, but our trainee knows more than the two of us out together.

When she started to tell me how to do my job I came very close to smacking the stupid fat cow! It takes a lot (probably too much) before I go ballistic and she pushed my hot button. I had to bite my tongue, because the boss appears to be taken in by all of her "look at me" tactics.

I stepped back and said fine, since she knows it all, she doesn't need my help to crash and burn. She can carry a full load like the rest of us and then let her see just how marvelous she is. So far all she's done has been very abbreviated in a very leisurely pace. For once in my life I'm going to tell someone "NO!" when they ask for help. She can be the sand in somebody else's wedgie.

3 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

The sand in someone else's wedgie? That's a new one on me. Good comment, though. I've known people like the one you've described too.

Regarding your comment on my blog, I don't know why I didn't run into you in my internet browsing. You may need some better links, though. I noticed that Gefwif posted one test post back in May of 2005 and hasn't posted since.

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

Hey, Nan. Missed you. Sounds like some SERIOUS work issues are about to blossom in you office. Good luck, and have fun with the fat cow!

John

Blogger Deb said...

Like everyone else, I loved the "sand in the wedgie" comment.

I worked with a teacher like that once, and we ended up hating each other. I hope it doesn't happen to you at your job.

LOL. You could always discretely put a present in her salad, like the one you told me you found in yours.

Thanks for visiting my blog again. I enjoyed reading yours.

Post a Comment

<< Home