Tuesday, December 13, 2005

In the Spirit

Saturday was our annual Choir party. While I’m not real big on parties because I’m such a social retard, I did have fun. Mostly because these were all people I know. We’ve seen each other at least twice a week for the last four years.

Our gift exchange was of the albino pachyderm variety. Obviously some people weren’t sure about what this meant. I on the other hand, unabashedly take credit for the size XXXL, Sponge Bob silk shorts.
I mean, where else can you find such a wonderful treasure exchanged between guests? In my opinion (which doesn’t really count), they were the best contribution to the night’s festivities.

At one point, a cop invaded the party to partake of the groaning tables (not just one) of food before continuing on his way. I guess he thought we were a bad influence on his wife. He said if we weren’t good, he steal all of our presents.

Oh dear. What would D&J do if he took their Sponge Bob undies?

2 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

Interesting comment about some folks not knowing what a "white elephant" exchange means. We did that albino pachyderm exchange one Christmas and one elderly lady received a jar of slime (Her own WE (AP) gift was a tin of freshly baked cookies). Needless to say, the lady who got the slime was NOT happy.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know what a white elephant exchange is. And my school's faculty party is tonight. I sit home alone, my three boys sleeping and my wife at work. And I love it. So I'll join the social retard club.

Post a Comment

<< Home