Friday, November 25, 2005

GROAN

No, not really. I've learned not to heap my plate with a mound of food and then try to stuff my face and look like the turkey. We went to Jimbob's brother's along with 20 something other people. It was a lot of fun. Except four hours of enforced football about did me in.

I see some of these people once, maybe twice a year. The others neither of us had ever met before. I'm not the outgoing type and really have little to say under normal circumstances. No, that's not true either. I have lots to say, I'm just not comfortable in large gatherings. I'm more apt to sit in a corner and watch. Maybe that's why I like to blog.

In my writing I can be eloquent, or at least chatty, without feeling awkward. I know a lot of that comes from my father who thought kids should be seen and not heard. By the time I was an adult, it was too late. And so you see, I'm a social retard.

On a sad note, a good friend called yesterday afternoon to tell us they had buried Maggie. Maggie was their 13 year old German shepherd who they both adored. They don't have children, and Maggie and Georgia May are an integral part of their lives.

I'm sure anyone who is not an animal lover will not understand, but those who are please say a prayer for Doug and Jill who are grieving this morning.

5 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

Kindred spirits we bloggers are. I'm also a very quiet person in real-life. Idle conversation is not my forte and I'm paranoid of large group get-togethers.

I finally had a chance to read a fellow blogger's story about the life and death of their own German Shepherd that was published in one of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series. It touches your heart. There's something about the bond between dog and family that does that.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A pet that is cared for does become part of a family.

Blogger total said...

Hi Nancy, this is Mark from church! I'll get Karlyn to leave a comment too ...

It was sad to hear about Maggie. What kind of dog was Georgia May? Are they looking to get another dog so Georgia won't be lonely? I know the people at Sheltie Haven, but I don't know if they would want anything that small ...

Blogger Karyn Lyndon said...

I had to laugh at "social retard" but I don't agree...you seem outgoing enough to me. Not everyone has to be the life of the party.

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Nan,

I'm like you as well, would rather just not be the bell of the ball. As a pet person myself I know the deep sadness of losing your best friend.

Post a Comment

<< Home