Tuesday, October 18, 2005

ITCH ITCH ITCH


Notice that was with an "I" not a "B". Problem is, I have hives all over my body. I took a Benadryl as soon as I got home, but that doesn't help me at work because they put me to sleep. I think my body has revolted. I've been in almost constant pain for the last four years, endured sciatica injections, physical therapy, chiropractors, pain pills and epidurals.

If that isn't enough, I'm having to do the work of three people (I'm too stupid to say no), writing a book or I should say editing a book, and reading five books at one time (I even read at stop lights.) And let's not forget my Master Gardening class on Mondays. The heat is on at work to get the store in Biloxi, MS and Beaumont, TX reopened. And I have three revisions on other stores waiting for me. That's not including the 51 cost tracking reports I have to do the fifteenth of every month.

I was a little ticked this afternoon when I asked if one of my co-workers could help me out a little. They were both too busy. Next time they ask me to take one of their projects...I'll probably just say yes. I told you I was too stupid to say no.

Worse yet, I haven't been able to blog or check anyone else's. I'm being deprived.

I think the real clincher was that stupid fund raiser Saturday night. It was a whole bunch of phonies parading around trying to look important. The young ones reminded me of one of Karyn's characters (I'm so rich and beautiful). The old ones wandered around trying to look like the young ones. I've never seen so much makeup in one place.

On another note, some of you may remember me saying I pulled two dead rats out of the garden pond back in July. Well, I was sitting in the family room the other day when I saw one at the bird feeder. Jimbob called Terminex and they supposedly came out (while we weren't home) and baited and old trap.

A few days later I saw first one rat going up the side of the house and a short time later two more. Jiimbob called Terminex again and they reluctantly sent a man out four days later. This guy swore the damage we had in the garage was from a rabbit. At Jimbob's insistence, he finally set numerous traps in the garage and attic. The first day we caught 7, the next day seven more. Six adults and 8 babies. If we hadn't killeed them, before long there would have been thousands.

Oh well, I think I'll take my hive covered derrier and go sit on something soft.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

CRISIS--THIS IS AN ANNOUCEMENT OF THE EMERGENCY BROADCAST SYSTEM THIS IS NOT A TEST THIS IS AN ACTUAL EMERGENCY.....AS OF TODAY WE ARE EXPERECING A SHORTAGE OF NANA, KIND WORDS AND MENTAL HUGS HAVE BEEN DELAYED DUE TO OVERWORK .....Maybe you should send out a memo to all employees "please be informed my answer is no, so before you ask you have the answer" this will save you from being overworked and taken for granted.

This must be the month for rats. Pupper is doing much better but I can see where traps are better than bait.

We miss you but of course understand that there is only one you.....(hug to you).
Cheri

Blogger Karyn Lyndon said...

Wow! I guess that explains why you weren't at writer's club...we miss you!!!

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

Nan,

You poor thing! What a mess. The hives are most likely from stress!

Your post reminds me of this one of mine from 2 weeks ago.

Get well quick!

John

Blogger Big Dave T said...

Hmmmm, I was watching Pet Cemetery before I came to the library to read blogs tonight. Then I see this in your post . . . "On another note, some of you may remember me saying I pulled two dead rats out of the garden pond back in July. Well, I was sitting in the family room the other day when I saw one at the bird feeder."

Sends chills down my spine. BTW, I think your first and second paragraphs are related. Hives can be stress-induced. My mother has that problem.

Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Make up a solution of oatmeal and while it is still gummey, put it in some cheese cloth or netting and put in the the bath tub with you. Soak for a while and then rinse off. When you are dry put some caladryl on and it should help stop the itching.

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

Nan,

It's SUDOKU, not soduko (although I keep getting them confused. Pronounced like "pseudo koo."

Google that word, and then pick a site with free games. They have the (very simple) rules posted. The easy ones are fun and pretty quick. Some of the hard ones are evil!

If you get hooked, I'm sooorrryy!

John

Post a Comment

<< Home