Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Trauma in the ER

no wait, that was trauma in downtown hell.  I had an e-mail yesterday morning from da boss wanting to know why I had f---ed something up.  (Notice, automatic guilt without a trial?)  That was after I checked my phone messages and he’d left me a terse little missive that I’d done something else wrong and he hoped I’d call in on Monday (not likely on my day off) and get it fixed.

What a way to start the day.  Anyway, I checked to see what had been done about the phone message and he had called someone else to take care of it.  He’d lost something and rather than admit it, he claimed I’d never given it to him.  The boss’ e-mail, I ignored.

Most of the morning was devoted to mopping up all the e-mails from the Gimmies and a few miscellaneous phone calls.  The boss’ e-mail, I ignored.  

And my desk was an absolute disaster, so I HAD to clean it up, do some filing, go for a walk, and get hot tea, a trip to the lady’s room and sundry other diversions.  The boss’ e-mail, I ignored.

Finally, I couldn’t ignore his love letter any longer and I desultorily began to dig out the incriminating evidence, except there wasn’t any.  So I called my kid brother (Not really.  He’s a pain in the butt when he’s around and I miss him when he isn’t.) who heads up that part of the program I needed info on.

Much to my delight, kid bro said he had never given me the info I needed to avoid the wrath of BIG BRO in the corner office.  OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!!  So I passed this tidbit on to BIG BRO.  I never heard another word.

After lunch I turned my attention to the monthly cost tracking that I owed to BIG BRO and managed to finish 4, maybe 5 before my computer suffered major meltdown.  

Well, the IT guy was still working on it by 4:00PM, so I took what I had to you know who and told him my computer wasn’t working.  Can you believe he had the gall to say, “I could turn my computer off too and say it’s not working”.  My tongue is still bleeding from where I bit it.

Other than that, life is beautiful.

Again I’m posting from WORD, so I feel like I should give the time and date.  Maybe it’s not necessary, but I’m sometimes anal.

7:12 AM, Wednesday November 16, 2005

2 Comments:

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

Concerning your boss (Big Bro)... Does he, by any chance, have pointy hair? Could he be a relative of Dilbert's boss? Sounds like they studied at the same school of management.

Concerning the IT guy... Everybody knows they have no sense of humor, but they all THINK they do. That "turn off the computer" statement was his idea of a joke. Trust me on this.

Concerning your employer... (And this is from an HR guy) Have you considered a change?

Bummer work day!

John

Blogger Nankin said...

John, it was the boss who made the comment about turning my computer off. He thought I was making an excuse because I didn't have all my reports done.

I don't know what I'd do if I were to change jobs. I've been doing the same thing for 31+ years. What I really want to do is retire, but that's not in the cards yet.

Post a Comment

<< Home