Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Weird Days

This is a strange time of year here in the office. Kind of like the Aztecs used to believe. The days between the winter solstice and the new moon didn't really exist. Somehow, these days were considered evil. They would creep around trying not to draw the wrath of the gods. And if a human sacrifice was needed, little boys with double crowns were considered especially helpful in appeasing these same gods.

I'm sure I don't have all my facts 100% correct, but what Im getting at is this place is dead. All our 2005 projects are winding down and the 2006 ones haven't kicked in yet. The phone seldom rings, I have fewer e-mails and if I lie low, I never see big bro. (Thank you, God!)

Although it seems to have started early this year, it's been this way ever since I can remember. I'm sitting here looking at next years assignment sheet and see (12) renewals and (7) new stores staring me in the face. And that doesn't include all the special projects that no one else will work on. And what about hurricane season next year? As I've said, I'm too stupid to say no, and I always give service with a smile. (Whose logo was that?)

I know I'm gonna get slammed! In the mean time, there's not a thing I can do to get ahead. I've cleaned out my file cabinets, cleared my desk and here I sit. But at least I look busy.


For you readers out there "Aztec" be Gary Jennings is a great read.

3 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

Catching up on some of your blogs here. So it was in Michigan here that they were getting trampled at Wal-Mart? Guess that's another reason I don't like to shop there.

That's great that you're well read, but to be honest, I have the attention span of a fly when it comes to reading. Blogs are about as much reading as I can do. I'll confess--even in high school I used cliff notes to do book reports. Yes, I have sinned.

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

Keep looking busy, Nan. The days will pass, and the evil will go away with them!

John

Blogger DBFrank said...

I started calling this time of year the 'weeks that do not matter'. No one does anything, or at least not anymore than they need to do. The 'holiday' season draws nigh, the days grow short as do tempers, and the darkness of night seems to invade some of the souls about.

Post a Comment

<< Home