Saturday, January 07, 2006

HOME AGAIN, HOME AGAIN

I"M BACK! Galveston was WONDERFUL. I had lots of time to relax, eat, work on my book and walk on the beach when I finally convinced Jimbob to go with me.

Of course I could have gone alone, but what fun is that? One morning when he slept late, I walked over to Wal Mart and bought a swimsuit and a Galveston t-shirt. After that I walked across the road to the seawall and down to the nearest pier.

The water was warm enough to actually wade. The last thing we did on our way off the island was to stop and feed the seagulls all the little scraps of bread we'd been saving.

Now I have to get caught up on my webpage design class and my domestic responsibilities (yech!), so it may be a few days before I can visit everyone again.

I highly recommend Galveston as a place to visit. In fact, I'd love to move there.

6 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

Throughout my over 50 years of living, I've never been to Texas. My folks, who were frequent campers when they first retired, spoke often about Big Bend and the Padre islands. Not sure if they got down to Galveston.

Blogger Deb said...

Glad you made it back safely and had a good time!

Blogger the many Bs said...

Welcome back. I've heard about Galvaston all the way up here in Seattle. Cool.

Blogger Unknown said...

So glad you are back and had a wonderful time.

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

Hey, Nan. Welcome home. Glad you're back. Missed ya!

John

Blogger Hale McKay said...

Welcome back, Nan. Glad you enjoyed yourself. The only knock I have ever heard on Gavelston is that it is sometimes in the path of Gulf Hurricanes.

Post a Comment

<< Home