Wednesday, December 28, 2005

LIFE AFTER CHRISTMAS

I said I was gonna get on with life now that Christmas is over, so here goes. Would you believe that I’m taking a webpage design class online? What makes this so amazing is that I am the most politically incorrect computer idiot in the world.

I want it to do what I want when I want and beyond that I don’t give a rat’s ass. That’s why we have IT people in the office to deal with us retards. At home I call JC and tell him the stupid thing doesn’t work. Very scientific.

Back in the good old days when the kid’s dad and I were still married, we got our very first computer. He wanted to teach me how it worked and I didn’t care (horror, horror). We wound up in a big argument over it. He complained to our marriage counselor that I refused to listen to him (oh poor me). There was no way possible I could learn to use a computer if I didn’t know how it worked. The counselor’s reply was, “Why?”

Needless to say, I still don’t know how they work and still don’t want to know. Just give me a keyboard and a mouse and I’m in hog heaven. But I’m ruining my record. Pretty scary, isn’t it?

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

I'm in the dark when it comes to web design. I have a cousin who is eighteen years younger than me that can build a computer. that's a crushing blow to my ego.

Blogger Big Dave T said...

Your post gave me a smile. I remembered comedian Tim Allen's description of women and technology. He said that they were unlikely to read directions first when getting a new electronic device. "Get it, take it out, plug it in, screw it up."

Hea, I hope you keep us posted on your web design class. I'm even less computer literate than you, I'm sure. Right now, I'm in the process of trying to post blog "links" on my profile. So far I've got one. Your site is on my "to do" list.

Post a Comment

<< Home