Friday, January 27, 2006

Useless Trivia


I’m sitting here totally bored. That doesn’t mean that I have nothing to do. But after so many years, the days all start looking alike. When the system is slow as it is today, I start thinking of all sorts of things.

No wise cracks about the thinking part. Just because I’m blond doesn’t mean I can’t think. Anyway, I thought I’d compile a list of totally useless trivia for my amusement.

Did you know that honey is the one food that never spoils? It is also used for medicinal purposes but should never be given to a child less than one year old.

There are as many flags as there are countries in the world and the most popular color combination is green, white and red.

Richard Nixon is the only vice president who ran for president and lost then came back four years later and won.

Beethoven composed his Ninth Symphony after he was completely deaf.

The Puli and Komondor dog breeds do not shed even though they both look like walking rag mops.

The term “Head of the table” came from old days when there was normally one chair at the table. It was reserved for the master of the house. Everyone else had to stand.

Now wasn’t that very enlightening? Given more time I could come up with more, but I don’t want to burn up my blond brain.

TA TA for now. Have a terrific, if trivial, weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hale McKay said...

Even though he was forced out of office in shame, many Historians predict that Nixon will actually go down in history as one of the greatest Presidents ever. (Because of ending Vietnam War and opening up China to the outside world.) Time will tell.

Post a Comment

<< Home