Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Monday FUN!


I don't remember going to the dentist being so hard when I was younger. My two hours in the chair yesterday PM about did me in. Maybe I should have taken the laughing gas the doctor offered me. Although I've never needed it before, so I said no.

Okay, so I've had caps put on two teeth at once in the past, but never three. Heredity was not kind to me when passing out teeth and hair. I'm not sure where my hair has gone...is going, but my lower front teeth have worn away to nubbins over the years. It has something to do with the porcelain caps on top being harder than my real teeth on the bottom.

I'm not exactly in pain this morning, but I don't want to take on a Kaiser roll or anything else harder than a bowl of soup or a banana. In fact I probably won't want to close my mouth all the way for the next week.

But I'll be so beautiful when it's all done. I've been putting it off for years because of the cost. I decided that it was time when I discovered one tooth was worn nearly into the nerve cavity. Well anyway, there goes a fast (if not painless) $2,250.00.

4 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Argh! I had to go to the dentist too yesterday. Glad you're not in a lot of pain!

Don't you just love it when the receptionist asks questions when the whole side of your face is numb?

I had to go in for a crown, the first step. They're charging me $750. Hmmm. I wonder if it's too late to start dental school? LOL.

Blogger Nankin said...

Deb, at least now I know 750.00 is the going rate on crowns. I'm getting three right in the front. You're so right about being asked questions when tooth comes out as toof and we don't even want to talk about other words.

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

OUCH!!

Maybe some of my back pain is in sympathy with your mouth.

I'm in total awe that you installed your own dishwasher. I hate to sound sexist, but that's a job most gals I know wouldn't tackle -- not even Carol, a.k.a. Wonder Woman!

Thanks for the offer of your pain pills. I was offered some of Carol's mom's narcotic pain pills (for after her hip replacement surgery) but declined those too. If I take Rx pills for which I don't have a Rx, I'm guilty of drug abuse and a random screen at my plant would put me in rehab and job jeopardy! No thanks, I'll get my own Rx this afternoon!

John

Blogger Big Dave T said...

I've never had to undergo that kind of torture, but my wife believes she soon will. I'm thinking that women eat more sweets than men. That's why we get off easier.

Post a Comment

<< Home