Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day

May all your dreams and hopes be fulfilled. But…maybe I should qualify that. There are some people out there with evil little minds who might hope to wish some poor unsuspecting soul harm (don't forget, there’s always voodoo). I don’t want those guys to have their wild aspirations come true. So…if you are having nice, lovely thoughts, and wish everyone you know something good, then I hope your dreams come true.

Okay, that out of the way, I have a dilemma. This may sound trivial to some, but as I stated before, there are people out there with evil little minds who might hope to do some innocent, unsuspecting soul harm.

What am I blathering about, you may ask? (Or maybe not.) I always keep a water bottle on my desk. AND I always keep the top on while not actively engaged in sucking the cool contents of said water bottle into my parched throat. I have poured a cup of water/hot tea into my keyboard on more than one occasion so I always recap it when I’m done.

This AM I came into my 9x9 prison cell and found the bottle setting next to the keyboard sans the cap. The cap was placed neatly in the middle of the papers I was working on last night before I left.

Now you’re probably saying I simply forgot to return the cap to the proper screwed on position and you may very well be correct. But…every once in awhile, our cleaning crew decides to shove things around, or knock them into the floor, or whatever, so did they take the cap off in a tirade of previously undisclosed streak of malevolence?

And IF they took the cap off, where has it been in the interim? Perhaps the bottle itself was used in some pagan rights that I can’t even imagine. Have the contents been tampered with?

Should I drink from this bottle and risk the chance of falling to the dirty carpet, writhing in pain? If I were to bash my head on a kernel of popcorn, I could claim Workman’s comp. But then again, I might have to be rushed to the hospital to have my stomach pumped. Yuck!

Oh the uncertainty of it all. Perhaps, I should simply run about, scream and shout, “The sky is falling! The sky is falling!”

Happy Valentine's Day to all and to all a good night.
Good night Gracie.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Eew! I wouldn't. Happy Valentine's Day!

Post a Comment

<< Home