Friday, February 24, 2006

GREMLINS

GREMLINS?

Maybe it’s just gremlins at work, or maybe a computer virus, (I won’t say the “C” word.) but sometimes things don’t go the way you want.

I was sick all last weekend and Monday.  I did some editing on my book and when I was done, I put my memory thingamajig in my pocket to return it to my purse on my next trip in that direction.  Of course I never got there and when I went to bed I couldn’t find it anywhere.

Tuesday morning I still couldn’t find it so went to work worrying about where it could be.  You see, it has ALL of my writing on it.  The first thing I did at work was spill a full cup of hot water on the floor.  Of course I had to listen to stupid jokes all day about peeing on the floor.  And all day long I’m thinking, No, I couldn’t have lost that thingamajig.  All my work lost!

At home that evening I went through my pockets on everything I wore the day before and still couldn’t find it.  So I made dinner and kept telling myself not to panic.  I didn’t go out of the house all weekend.

After dinner I retraced all my steps, dug in all my pockets again…and again…and again.  On the forth forage through the house I felt a touch of something hard in my fleece jacket among all the used tissues.  Oh thank heaven for small favors.

Wednesday, I started to log on to make a post only to find out ACCESS DENIED.  I guess the politically correct police caught up with us.  I’m waiting for them to find out I can post directly from Word.  But now I can’t preview what I’ve written, add pictures or read anyone else’s site.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hale McKay said...

I see I'm not the only one who has to go on a "treasure hunt" for some misplaced item(s).
...Just this morning I opened the eyeglass case for my "readers" only to discover my favorite pen I had lost last weekend.
...Of course, now I have to find my reading glasses. Until then an older pair is barely sufficient.
...Maybe i left the ice tray on the table and my glasses are in the freezer?

Blogger the many Bs said...

Glad you found your thingamajig, but in with the used tissues??? Eeeewwwww....

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

When you finally regain access, check out my post of yesterday. You'll see you're just being "softened up" for the BIG HIt that is coming soon!

I figure we have a few weeks left, during which these glitches will correct themselves, but then we're really in for it!

Th P.C. Police? Oh NO! Are THEY getting active as well?? What next!?

John

Post a Comment

<< Home