Friday, April 07, 2006

Lip Enhancement?

First we had penis envy and breast envy, now its lip envy.  Breast implants have been around for decades, but the latest craze seems to be lip augmentation.  Have you seen the ads for temporary lip enhancement products?  Some even guarantee that they won’t sting.  

Then there are these young starlets on TV who have collagen augmentation.  I’d just as soon have someone smack me in the mouth.  But I guess it’s supposed to be sexy to sport bloated lips.

I read somewhere that our ears, nose and lips continue to grow our entire life, but our eyeballs are full sized at birth.  No wonder babies have that big-eyed waif look.  And that explains gnarly old men with noses and ears too big for their faces.

Well the article obviously lied.  My bottom lip is disappearing.  I was looking in the mirror this morning and it seems to be tucked under my top lip more than what I remember a few years ago.

Rest assured that I’m just gonna have to live with it.  I can’t see myself running out and having collagen pumped into the receding appendage    (The more I think about those starlets, they look like the doctor used a fire hose instead of a syringe on them.)  Neither am I going to the nearest cosmetic store and buy some weird cream that guarantees full, pouty lips.  

Guaranteed not to sting?  That’s sounds like an irritant to me.  I ain’t putting that stuff on my lips.  But maybe it would work instead of a penis implant.  Or do they now engorge them with collagen these days?  Would that create a permanent erection?

What do you think?

8 Comments:

Blogger Hale McKay said...

I certainly have no lip envy with Mick Jagger or Steve Tyler. They both look like they French kissed an electrical outlet.

Blogger Big Dave T said...

Hype sells, sex sells. That's well known on Madison Avenue. I ignore it all. If I don't have it, I don't need it, so far as MY body goes.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll tell you what - I'm not letting ANYONE stick a needle in my lips. Ouch! And even though my lips are a big thin, according to popular standards, tough beanies I say. If it diminishes my value as a person, then I guess that's just the way it will be. No big lips for me!

Blogger N6FFU said...

Hey Nanc - How "bout an update on Mr. JimBob's travels???

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

What do I think? I tend to give very little thought to subjects like those. And the thought of putting up with a permanent erection is about as appealing as (for most women, i'd wager) having to put up with Dolly Parton-sized breasts. No fun.

John

Blogger Deb said...

Yep, the old snozzola does continue to grow, I'm living proof of that. LOL.

As for bigger lips, who wants to look like Jagger?

Blogger Moggy said...

I tried one of the lip plumping lipsticks which didn't do much. I'm not sure how I would look if I had normal size lips. I could double the size of my lips and still not have as much as most people.

Anonymous Lip Enhancement Melbourne said...

Injectable lip enhancement is the procedure of strategically injecting dermal fillers into parts of the lip and surrounding lip areas to enhance, shape, or add volume to the lips and reduce surrounding wrinkles.

Post a Comment

<< Home