Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Conspiracy

Do I dare say the word conspiracy? John at Romantic Ramblings says that if you talk about it, it's sure to happen. Well this time, the big "C" struck without warning.

We got up Sunday morning and I put a cup of coffee in the microwave to warm it up. I noticed that it was a little louder than normal, but didn't think too much about it. The interior light was on, the clock was working, the timer worked and the turntable went round and round. Do you notice one missing element here? No heat.

And then...and then...there's the computer. Right in the middle of what I'm doing the cursor freezes up. The only way to get it to work is to do a hard re-boot which I understand isn't the best thing for the computer. In addition, we get this weird error message that the display has quit working properly and to save whatever is on the screen. Problem is, the minute you touch anything, the screen goes black. Another hard re-boot.

I'm afraid to think what might be next. I replaced the microwave yesterday. Sam's always has a bargain on that type of stuff. Today, I ordered a new computer from Dell. Yes, I know, I could have repaired the one I have. But it's already 6 or 7 years old and in the computer world that's not old, it's decrepit.

Now that I think about it, maybe there's already a third incident in the conspiracy saga. Remember the saying is that bad things come in threes. My sister called Sunday evening to say her mother-in-law had passed away that morning. When I talked to her on the way home to day, she told me that her father-in-law's sister-in-law (you got that?) died yesterday. When they called the undertaker for her mother-in-law he never returned the call. Come to find out, the undertaker had died in between the two ladies.

1 Comments:

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

Nan,

Wow. I think you just topped ALL the conspiracy stories I've ever tried to tell.

Sorry about the decrepit computer. As for the deaths, well, that's not something to joke about.

Sunday was definitely NOT a good day for you.

John

Post a Comment

<< Home