Saturday, June 14, 2008

Father's Day Dilemma

What do you buy for a man for Father’s day when he invariably says he wants a Porsche and he’s only half joking? I struggle at every gift giving occasion because I don’t know what to buy Jimbob.

Electronic gadgets, which so many men love, hold no interest for him. A year ago last Christmas I bought him a new cell phone with Bluetooth and voice dialing. Yes he uses the phone (all the time). But the headset lies beneath a thick layer of dust where he originally set it. JC and I both tried to show him how to use voice dialing but that proved too difficult.

He mentioned the other day that he was going to need one of those GPS systems for his car as he gets more and more music students. He has this habit of thinking he knows where he’s going, but gets to where he thought his destination should be and …no, that’s not where he’s supposed to be.

So…my dilemma is whether to go spend a couple of hundred dollars and have the GPS system take up residence next to his Bluetooth, or just buy him another shirt? Come to think of it, he has numerous shirts setting in the closet gathering dust, too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Stern said...

How about a Key map......Cheaper than a GPS and just as effecient.

Blogger Big Dave T said...

Happy Father's Day to JC. I got a pair of shorts and new swimming trunks. (Speedos!--but not THOSE kind of Speedos)

Your hubby still sounds more technologically inclined than I. I don't own a cell phone, don't want one, and who needs GPS when they've got a good map.

Post a Comment

<< Home