Friday, May 30, 2008

Soup de Jour

You’ve heard of Soup de jour? Well this morning I felt like the target de jour on the highway. I was sitting at a light when the dipshit in a pickup behind me bumps my butt. If I’d been watching in the rearview mirror I'd have freaked.

Thanks goodness it was just a bump (I barely felt it) and not enough to do any damage. If I’d still been driving the Miata, he’d probably slid up over the trunk into the passenger area.

I made it the remaining 5 or 6 miles without any problems, but I sure kept an eye on dipshit in the black truck who was still following me.

When I pulled into the parking garage, I had my foot on the brake anyway, and came to an abrupt stop. Some chick in a red sports car coming from my right didn’t or couldn’t read the stop sign. She just went sailing right on through; bare inches form my front bumper.

I was beginning to wonder whether I should even get on the road to go home. But I did get home safe. Thank you, God.

5 Comments:

Blogger N6FFU said...

I definitely know what you mean, Nanc... Wouldn't it be fun to have an old, rattle trap of a truck and just get out there and dare these idiots to get in the way?? Of course, even if they hit you, you would have to have unlimited credit available with your insurance company.. Oh Well - we can dream..

Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Someone sent me an email a couple of weeks ago talking about people "accidentily" hitting your car and when you get out, they car jack you....You might keep that in mind.....Yeks!

Blogger Moggy said...

I hate days like that. Glad you made it okay.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you're talkin' about. I just bought a new car a couple of weeks ago. Still has the dealer's tags on it. Darn thing has become a moving target. Seems like everyone and their dog is out to try and wreck me.

Blogger Big Dave T said...

Isn't funny how the drivers around you can behave for weeks or even months, then all of a sudden you run into a couple bad drivers right in a row.

I had a similar experience driving this past weekend. I was driving along and suddenly this other drive "merges" into my lane. No warning, no blinker. Then down the block another driver does the same. Had I not been paying attention and ready at the brake, either one could have resulted in a smash-up

Post a Comment

<< Home