Tuesday, May 27, 2008

One Year Ago

One year ago my ladder fell apart while I was standing very near the top working on a painting project. After I crawled out from under the rubble, includinig a large mirror, I drove myself to the hosiptal only to find out that I'd cracked two ribs, my left shoulder and badly bruised my left kidney.

This Memorial day I finally finished the project. Without incidence I must say. It was sure nice to know that I had a sturdy new ladder that wouldn't develop metal fatigue at a crucial moment. Of course, in the beginning, the old one (really old) belonged to Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. I have no idea why I put up with that ancient piece of s--t for so many years.

I can't tell you how many people have come up to me at work to say that they went out and bought a new ladder after hearing about my ladder wreck. At least something good came out of the mess.

2 Comments:

Blogger N6FFU said...

The best thing to come out of it was that you weren't broken beyond repair!

Blogger Big Dave T said...

I remember that blog. Ouch!

It's probably time I replaced my ladder. We had a roofing salesman here about a year ago who asked to check the attic. No problem. I had my ladder already set up there. He took one look at it, then went out into the truck and brought in his own.

Post a Comment

<< Home