Monday, September 22, 2008

Philadelphia

Jimbob and I are in Philly this week. The tumor behind his eye has returned and his doctor in Dallas thought it would be a good idea for him to come see the "World's" authority on this type of cancer.

His brother and sister-in-law were nice enough to give us round trip tickets. We're in a hotel in downtown Philly. Living in the city is really different than anything I've ever known.

We had a good flight weather wise. First from Dallas to San Antonio, then on to Philly. I've known for years that the airline seats are not made for even the average sized human and yesterday confirmed my theory.

Jimbob was on my right and he's like a four year old with ADD and a bad case of the hives. When we got to San Antonino, I acquired a guy on my left who was more than average, to say the least. By the time we got to Philly, I felt like I was black and blue from Jimbob bouncing around and me leaning away from our seat partner to avoid an elbow in the nose.

But we're here and safe and that's the most important thing.

2 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

Hope and pray that everything goes well for your DH. I told the missus recently that we know more and more people with cancer. I mean know them personally, like relatives, people we work with, etc. Just goes with the territory when you're fifty plus.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Jimbo. Ya'll will be in my prayers.

San Antonio? Hey, you were in my neck of the woods!

--Deb

Post a Comment

<< Home