Sunday, October 05, 2008

Fall and More

This is my favorite time of the year. I love the way the mornings are cool and the days still warm. My friend and I are going to the Texas state Fair this Thursday and it promises to be a beautiful day.

There were a few years when I went that it was still way too hot and none of the drinking fountains in the park work. Instead you have to buy bottles of water from the food vendors and they are very expensive.

That's never stopped me from going though. A cold beer is always good to cool you off. I love the animal exhibits and arts and crafts. There's also a raptor show that I think is really interesting. And then there's the auto pavilions. Last year I sat in a Hummer just for the hell of it. First, last and only time. They usually have some really expensive cars on display. Like an Austin Healy for $175,000. Maybe I'll order a dozen for Christmas presents.

You can buy just about anything deep fried at the fair. So if you're on a diet, kiss it good bye for the day. Of course you also do a lot of walking, so the fat calories don't count. Now that sounds like a plan to me.

Tomorrow, Jimbob has his surgery. I know it's traumatic, but as the doctor told him, you get on with life. And it beats the alternative.

Below is a picture of me and my new grandson; Reed Anson Moore. He arrived last Monday and weighed in at 7 lbs 13.6 oz. Of course, I think he's beautiful.



I went for a walk early yesterday morning and found this character stalking along the edge of a local pond. For once I was able to get close without scaring him/her off. He looks downright prehistoric.


Wish us luck tomorrow and hope that all goes well with the surgery.


1 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

Hope the surgery went well. Nice picture of you and the grandson. Isn't this the first picture you've posted here of yourself? Seems like it.

Hmmmmmm, spam. I haven't gotten spammed on my blog in a while. Wonder if the spammers are starting to make the rounds again.

Post a Comment

<< Home