Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Personal Quirks

I’m one of those people who hates to fold clothes. I don’t mind gathering them up, sorting and then washing them, but it may take a week or so, before I decide to fold them and put them away. Jimbob often thinks that he has no clean underwear but it just hasn’t been folded. Of course he never remembers me telling him that the basket of clothes on top of the washing machine has clean clothes in it.

I feel the same way about buying groceries. Again it’s the putting away that I don’t like. In fact I’d rather pump gas than have to drag the groceries into the house and then find a place to store them. Jimbob must suffer the same aliment on this issue. When he goes to the market during the day, I come home that evening and find all the groceries stacked on the counter for me to put away. This includes meat, ice cream and fresh veggies.

Buying new clothes is much more fun than groceries. I have absolutely no problem unloading the bags and finding hangers for the new items. Although, I do have to admit that I bought a sweater a couple of months ago and hung it in the closet when I got home. Normally I like to wear my new stuff as soon as possible, but this sweater somehow became hidden behind other things. I discovered it in my closet the other day and didn’t even remember buying it. What a nice surprise. I just a regularfashion maven.

2 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

My wife is the same way with clothes. They stay for days in a clothes basket in our bedroom. And even though I know I have clean clothes in the basket, I'll dig through my drawers for several minutes looking for a clean pair of socks, rather than dig through the basket of clean clothes.

Blogger Big Dave T said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment

<< Home