Monday, January 05, 2009

Winter Wonderland

The temperature here today has hovered between 32 and 33 degrees. I know that's nothing compared to you guys up north, but add to this a heavy, misting rain. Ice is already forming on some surfaces, but you can bet by tomorrow morning, it'll be many surfaces. And where there's ice on the roads, there's chaos.

Again, some of you are accustomed to driving on ice and think nothing of it. In north Texas, it's definitely not an everyday occurrence. Us Texans are warm weather fowl. We also have a lot of transplants from colder climates who are famous for saying, "I trust my driving, it's the other guy I worry about."

I can about guarantee that our roads will not be deiced by the time I leave home at 6:30 AM and a whole lot of slippin and sliding will be going on.




1 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

I see OU came up short last night. Tought to play in your opponent's backyard though.

I remember once driving south to Florida in mid-winter when icy roads hit the Atlanta area. Traffic almost came to a dead stop. I swear that some of those drivers not used to icy roads were stopping to gawk at the ice.

Post a Comment

<< Home