Friday, November 21, 2008

Turkey Fry

Today was our 9th annual turkey fry celebration in the office. We pretty much demolished 7 turkeys fried in a variety of spice mixes and all the fixings that go with them.
This was the carving committee. It takes a lot of people to carve seven turkeys.


And here we have the taste test committee. I'd already passed judgement as delicious, but obviously, more than one taster was needed.



















In the end...this is what was left after I took several carcasses home to make soup.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

YUM!!

And congrats on getting your personalized plates back! It's amazing what some of those big brown eyes can do!

John

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

P.S. Glad you're still among the employed!

Blogger Big Dave T said...

Turkeys aren't that easy to cook either. My wife always struggles with that portion of the Thanksgiving feast. I don't know who does the carving but it isn't me. Or rather, it isn't I.

So we're both envious of the skills displayed on your blog, and on those cooking shows too.

Turkey soup . . . now I miss my mother-in-law who passed away a few years ago. She always could make good turkey soup with the leftovers. I think making soup with leftovers is becoming a lost skill with today's youth.

Post a Comment

<< Home