Monday, October 13, 2008

Update

Jimbob's surgery went well last week. The doctor feels that he got all of the tumor. That's such a relief for both of us.

I know he wants to jump back into everyday life, but I keep telling him that he's still recovering. He does sleep a lot and that's perfectly normal. After all he's gone through major surgery. He's still getting accustomed to wearing a black patch over his eye. He tells all his young students that it's not something to be afraid of.

One young boy, M, (about six) sent him a "Thinking of you card" with a picture that he'd drawn inside. It was two stick figures, one obviously larger than the other. M had drawn an arrow to the larger person with a note that said, "fake eye" and "you". The other one he had labeled, "me." It was cute in his innocence and lack of guile.

Jimbob will go back to the doctor a week from tomorrow to be fitted for the artificial eye. It seems really soon but what do I know.

3 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

I'm glad he pulled through the surgery and is almost back to normal. Reading this, I can't help but think of that movie Captain Ron.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad your hubby came through with flying colors!

--Deb

Blogger Moggy said...

I'm glad he is doing well. Kids are the greatest. I love their little drawings.

Post a Comment

<< Home