Thursday, January 06, 2011

Reality TV or People Behaving Poorly

I'm sure that I'm a minority, but I've thought for a long time that reality TV is just an excuse for people to behave like jerks. The more bizarre they act, the more the audience seems to like it.
Just look at Survivor. The producers even come up with "games" to make the program interesting. Now, American Chopper is capitalizing on the rift between father and son. Screaming at each other and throwing chairs is not my idea of entertainment.
Hoarding, Animal Hoarding and other such shows horrify the watcher with the desperate conditions some people live in. The Bachelor and Bachelorette rank right up there with these other sick programs.
Why not have a show titled Suicidal Depression...or Welfare Life...or My Affair With My Father?
Oh, I forgot we currently have My Strange Addiction and Monsters Inside Me. Jerseylicios is beyond words and I gag every time I see an add for Jon and Kate plus 8.
Yeah, I know, it makes money. The all powerful buck has thrown morals and decency out the window.
My idea of reality TV is Dancing With the stars and I've even quit watching that. I'm not a TV snob. I simply don't feel better watching the plight of someone worse off than me. And don't even get me started on TV sitcoms. I get enough insults to my intelligence at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home