Tuesday, April 10, 2007

TINKERBELL

No, I'm not referring to the Tinkerbell of Peter Pan fame. Our little Persain cat, Tinkerbell is not doing very well. She's 18+ years old and has slowed down enormously in the last couple of months. She slept all last night curled in the same place.

To make things worse, she's not eating. Her normal 7 to 8 pounds is now at 4.5. As the cliche goes, "A stiff wind could knock her over." Every once in a while I catch her drinking water, but not often. Some times putting ice cubes in the water will get her to drink more.

I suppose we could take her in for all sorts of tests, but I don't want to put her through all that just to find out that she's OLD. All I hope is that she isn't in any pain.




4 Comments:

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

Nan,

I feel for you. We are currently pet free, but typically our pets have been part of the family. I weep like a baby when one dies.

John

Blogger Moggy said...

What a sweet looking cat, I think I would make the same decision not to put a cat through all those tests.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww.... she's such a nice kitty. 18 is really old for a cat. It's hard to see an animal grow old and feeble. I'm going to think some good thoughts for her...

Blogger Sharon said...

What a beautiful cat. Thankfully she lived a long & I'm sure happy life.

Post a Comment

<< Home