Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Daylight Savings Time

Oh my! Kind of like lions and tigers and bears, oh my. Rude awakening this morning on my way to work. Daylight savings time starts this weekend…three weeks early. I’m getting too old for this kind of abuse. It’s hard enough dragging my butt out of bed in the morning as it is without loosing an hour. Whose idea was this anyway?

This reminds me of an incident when JC was in 6th grade and the time changed. He called me at work and said, “Mom, I tripped on the ladder to my bunk bed and hit my head so hard it knocked me out.” Knowing my darling son, I didn’t buy it. Maybe because the next words out of his mouth were, “Since I’m late can I stay home today?”

Needless to say, I was not a happy mother. I made it very clear that he was not staying home and he’d better be ready for school by the time I got home. I also told him I wanted to see the bump on his head where he hit it. He said, “It didn’t leave a bump.” I didn’t believe that either.

I got in my little Dodge Caravan and lead footed it down Hwy 121 to McKinney. JC was ready when I got there…just barely. After a few more attempts to convince me that he’d hit his head and passed out, he finally admitted that he’d gone back to sleep. But he was still asking if he could stay home.

When I finally got him in the car he asked, “Mom, will you tell them I had a doctor’s appointment?” I wasn’t buying that one either. At school, the girl at the counter asked if she could help me. I said sure, you can talk to him. I was mean and nasty and made JC explain why he was late. No doctor’s appointment, either.


On another note, Jimbob asked his mother last night if she wanted to go along with us to rehearsal for the Messiah and she said yes…then she said no…then she said yes…then she said no she was going back to bed ( she didn’t get up until 3:00PM). Ten minutes later she came out of her room dressed and ready to go. Go figure.

3 Comments:

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

Sounds like what they call a woman's prerogative, to me.

John

Blogger Big Dave T said...

Our problem is that our dog knows "approximately" when we have to rise in the morning, so he wakes us up about an hour before the alarm is scheduled to go off.

Hmmmmmm, maybe with daylight savings time, he'll go off when the alarm does. This could work.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything changed time at my house just like it was supposed to - except for my alarm clock. Now I'll never be able to get up at the right time (well, maybe for three weeks!).

Post a Comment

<< Home