Sunday, January 21, 2007

WINTER OR SUMMER?

We've had winter the last week and a half here in north Texas. Of course we've also had a few days of spring and summer thrown in since last fall. Today, we were back to spring. What tomorrow brings remains to be seen. When I lived in Illinois people used to say, "If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes and it'll change." That goes double for Texas.

Although I remember visiting my grandmother around Christmas time in south Dallas when I was a kid and the blue northers would rattle and bang around her house. I swear the cold wind crept into every nook and crevice in her old place.

Although this last summer was very predictable. Hot, hotter and hottest...and NO rain. So far we've had more rain this January than all of last year. Keep praying that the drought is finally over. On the news they were saying one of the local lakes was up 3 feet. Of course compared to the 15 feet it's down 3 feet isn't much.

Last Sunday we had ice all over the roads and we didn't make it to church. That was okay (except that Jimbob'sthe choir director) because he was sick all last week with the same snot disease that struck me over Christmas. Under normal circumstances he's a snorer, but I've moved to the family room sofa in self defense. Even then I can still hear him from the bedroom. It's not so bad when he first comes to bed, but around 2:00 or 2:30 I have to get up and leave.

Well, I talked to my boss last week and they have actually posted the estimating position on the company website. I came right out and asked if I could be involved in interviewing the applicants since last time they stuck us with the stupid cow. That woman is like having sand in your wedgie and God forbid we should get someone just like her.

I try not to let her bother me (it takes a lot to make me angry) but Friday I was talking to one of our project managers in my office. The cow heard us and came around the partition and butted in. It's not that she joins a conversation, she overwhelms it. Anyway, I came close to blowing up. After biting my tongue bloody I said, "I can handle it, K--, thank you," and turned my back.

Not politically correct, but better than my first reaction to tell her to take her BS somewhere else. Tomorrow's another day and back to the office. UGH!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog, it's not that I want other people to have bad things happen to them, it's just that you have a way of saying it that is entertaining.

I hope this next week is better for both of us.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck in finding another person who is not like the cow. "Sand in your wedgie" sounds pretty darn grating and irritating. I don't think I could put up with that. She sounds like one of a kind. The new one will have to be better.

Blogger Big Dave T said...

We have some of that same kind of weather in Michigan too. But this winter has been unusually mild. We haven't had a decent snowfall yet. How am I going to get my exercise if I can't shovel snow?

Thankfully I don't have to bother with anybody at my job. I can put on a set of headphones, listen to Sinatra, and I'm good.

Post a Comment

<< Home