Friday, November 03, 2006

Politics

I'll be glad when this election is over next Tuesday. All you hear on the radio is political campaign ads. One guy saying, "He's so bad and I'm so good," and the other guy saying, "I'm so good and he's so bad." Surely nobody is as bad as their opponent claims or as good as they claim.
Some ads have gotten very creative at presenting just enough of the details with a slight twist to make something that was good into something that's horrifically criminal. Just a minor word left out here or there, or statements taken out of context can change the meaning of the most innocent of words.

I'm sure many of you remember a certain president swearing adamantly, "I never had sex with that woman." It's all in how you interpret the meaning of having sex. Just like many young girls engaging in oral sex but claiming they are not sexually active. And I suppose technically they're correct. If they retain their maidenhead, then they are still virgins. Right?

Sounds sort of like, "If a guy is getting layed, he's Mr. Macho Man, but if a girl is doing the same thing, she's a slut." Not the type of woman to take home to meet the parents.

I'm not quite sure how I got from discussing politics to talking about sex. Maybe it's because I make it a policy not to talk politics with anybody. My mind wanders in strange directions.

Maybe this weekend I can get around to visiting some blogs. It seems like ages since I've taken the time to chat. Tomorrow is going to be busy because first thing in the morning I get a hair cut, then come home and pack my sewing machine into the car and head over to the church where several of us are working on new banners for the sanctuary.

Well, time to go get myself some dinner. Jimbob is working at the Kiwanis bean fest tonight so I'm trying to remember what it's like to be a couch potato.

TTFN

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to hear from you.

I've been remiss in making regular visits to and many others on my blogroll.

I'm glad I happened to have the stolen jokes for you get some laughs!

Blogger Big Dave T said...

I've reconciled myself to the fact that my candidates never win anyway. So I tell candidates that my promising my vote to them is the kiss of death.

(What is it with the complicated words in "Word Verification". It's like you have to type the Bible in Hebrew just to comment anymore)

Post a Comment

<< Home