Tuesday, October 10, 2006

RAMBLING

I went to my first aerobics class today in my pursuit of the former me. Not only did I feel old and fat, but like a HUGE klutz. The class and instructor (who is about 8 months pregnant) were busy doing this, and this and this while I was doing that and that and that...and never the twain shall meet.

I finally finished installing the new faucets but on the second one I was tightening one of those silly plastic nuts with my fingers and it snapped. Of course I can't find one locally to replace it and the sink dribbles without it, so I called the manufacturer this PM to see if they would send me a new one. All I need is the stupid plastic nut, but what they are sending me is the complete drain assembly. Talk about overkill.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to give a presentation at a meeting of all our foremen. I hate public speaking. In fact I'd rather do plumbing (which everyone knows I hate) than speak before an audience. I know what I need to say, but it doesn't always come out the right way. The only good thing is I know most of the guys. Some of them I've worked with for 30+ years.

We have two friends who have known each other for about 12 years and last Memorial Day something unfortunate was said by one to the other. Ever since then they have barely spoken. Neither one will put down the hatchet and say let's move on. Jimbob has tried several times to get D to make things right, but he just says he's not the one who is mad.

I got home this evening and couldn't find Herald anywhere. I called and called and he didn't make a sound. I went outside and called some more and still nothing. Finally after an hour and a half I called Jimbob to see if the big boy was outside when he left. No more does Jimbob say no, than the fat cat decides he's slept long enough. Usually he can't resist talking when someone even comes in the room. I guess he wasn't feeling like Chatty Catty today.

Our other little cat, Tinkerbell, appears to be losing sight in her right eye. It's becoming milky looking. We took her to the vet a while back and he suggested that we take her to a feline optometrist. But we don't want to put her through a whole bunch of test and stress her out. She's such a feisty little thing they'd probably have to sedate her just to look at the eye. At her age, it's not worth it.

Well, I guess it's time to go iron my slacks so I'll have something to wear tomorrow.

P.S. Useless trivia. Do you know what the three most often used colors in country flags are? Red, white and green.

3 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

My wife and I have some of those Richard Simmons' workout tapes. They're good for keeping in shape during the winter months here.

I'm not a fan of plumbing either. Water pressure and I do not get along.

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

Gee, Nan. Most of the building supply stores around here (and even our Super Wal-Mart, I think) have those plastic nuts. Frustrating when they break, though.

John

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Home improvements are not my thing at all, but I sure wish I could learn. It's expensive to pay someone to do these silly simple things. Maybe you could come to my house...

Post a Comment

<< Home