Sunday, September 17, 2006

RAIN

Rain, rain , give us rain. Glorius, wet shushing rain. The more the better. Fill the lakes and ponds to the brim. Revive the parched Earth.

I woke up this morning some time after 3:00 AM to the rumble and grumble of a thunder storm. And then when it finally rained, it was like you could hear the earth groan in relief. The ground around here has cracks big enough to swallow a small child. What a marvelous thing a little bit of rain is.

I'm not sure how long I lay awake after that listening to nature's symphony, or maybe I should say tympany. It was so needed. Now all of a sudden I have flower bulbs in the front yard springing up that I put in the ground last fall. They haven't had enough water until now to do anything.

Several times the thunder was so loud it felt like it would shake us out of bed. The entire house twanged in response. And of course the ground fault breaker in the bathroom kicked off again. It does that everytime it rains or we water the grass.

If I was really ambitious, I might try to find the problem but I've changed the breaker itself once and that hasn't helped. I'm thinking I need to call our trusty handyman, Doug, to check the wiring. I can do a lot of things around the house, but I don't know much about electrical problems.

I don't really care right now as long as we get more rain. Having to find an another outlet in the house to plug in the curling iron is only a minor nuisance. I night even go out and play in the rain.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for the rain. We've been getting a little bit also - the driest summer here on record. I've been watering, but you can't tell from the way the lawn looks. oh well, more rain on the way, I hear.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I nevr thought I'd tear up at the sound of raindrops on the windowpane. I'm so thankful. :)

Post a Comment

<< Home