Monday, August 28, 2006

Useless

There are days that no matter how hard I try, I just can’t seem to get myself organized enough to be of any real use. And today is one of them. Maybe it’s because today is Monday and the weekend was way too short or…I’m being an airhead blond or…I’d rather be outside playing in the rain or…whatever.

Unfortunately, from the time I get to work in the morning until I leave, I have no idea what the weather is like. I might as well be working in a dank cave. It’s like when I lived outside of Chicago in the winter. After a month of no sun, I’d start feeling really depressed. The sky could look like this and I’d never know it.

Come to think of it, maybe that’s why I can’t get anything done today. I am feeling a little down. No particular reason. That’s just the way life is sometimes.

Of course after a meeting this morning reviewing our work load for ’07, anyone would be depressed. They (the proverbial they) keep hiring new people for other disciplines, but do we get help? HELL NO!!!! I’m getting way too old for this kind of stress. I started training a very nice young man this afternoon in what we do so he can be of assistance to someone else in their job.

What’s wrong with this picture? And what did I do to piss off the powers that be? Never mind, I’m going to go pout for a while.

TTFN

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

You're getting rain? Hey, send some down here! You could see it as the "higher-ups" thinking you all are so good, that the people you train know what they're doing.

I'd be the same way you are though. :)

Blogger Big Dave T said...

I get the blues from time to time too. Some days I know why, some days I don't.

That really is a neat picture. We never see weather like that, living around Ann Arbor (arbor meaning lotsa trees).

Post a Comment

<< Home