Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Gone From Home

Last week my beautiful daughter called and asked if I would come see her. In addition, my sister's sister-in-law had died the week before of a sudden massive stroke. Anyway, all that's to say I'm spending the week with Britt in Carson City, NV. That's one of the reasons I haven't posted in a while.

I flew out of DFW Sunday night and wouldn't you know their random searches netted me. I didn't really care because I had allowed more than enough time knowing the security situation. If they wanted to inspect my smelly tennies, more power to them.

The flight from DFW to Denver and Denver to Reno were both uneventful. Neither flight was full and I was glad because I could stretch my legs a little. I just don't understand how really big and/or tall people deal with those airline seats. I'm only 5'7" and shrinking, but it's like sitting in a straight jacket.

Jimbob declared that he was going to eat at Ruby Tuesday every night while I'm gone. He's just not very handy in the kitchen. In fact I had to remind him to feed the cats in my absence. Coffee in the morning is about the extent of his culinary abiliy. At that I figure I'll get home and have a week's worth of coffee cups setting on the counter waiting for me. I'm not sure why, but he refuses to put dishes in the dishwasher. Maybe I need to send him to the Brawny Academy.

Britt's at work, but we're supposed to have dinner with her mother-in-law tonight. I still haven't met or even talked to her husband. He had some unfinished business over in California. But that's not all bad because I get my baby to myself week.

TTFN, I'll try to stop by to say hi to a few while I'm online.

3 Comments:

Blogger Big Dave T said...

Carson City, Nevada. Sounds historical. Hope it's fun. We have a Ruby Tuesday's very close by but we quit going there because we got sick too much after eating there. He should stay away from the salad bar.

Blogger Hale McKay said...

I hope you have a good time with your daughter. Enjoy.

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

Nan,

Sorry about your family's loss. DO have a good visit out of town. And don't wory about the dirty coffee cups. They're pretty insignificant in the overall scheme of things. Usually.

John

Post a Comment

<< Home