Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Catch Up

I really haven’t fallen off the face of the Earth. I actually thought about sitting down at the computer once or twice over the weekend, but the thought just wasn’t appealing. Not because I didn’t want to do a post, but because after so may 12 hour days I want to puke every time I look at the computer.

Other than work, things have been really quiet at home. We did go to see fireworks Monday evening. Of course it’s been forever since we’ve had any rain and of course it started raining about ten minutes before the fireworks started.

Thirty years ago yesterday, I had my back broken in a car wreck so I was content to spend the day at home being a couch potato. I’m not superstitious, but I don’t need another bang up fourth like that.

Saturday we leave for Glorietta, NM. They have music week every year at the Baptist camp there. I’m lucky enough to tag along and have a relaxing week of reading, writing and knitting. I can also go to any of the seminars if I want.

If you remember a while back I said I was a klutz? Well, here’s just another incident to prove my point. At least this one was harmless to life and limb. I was getting all my stuff together to leave for work. Of course my hands were full and I was fumbling to get my keys out of my purse and I hit the panic button. So the car is setting out front at 6:00AM honking loudly.

The only way to stop the racket is to push the panic button again. Only problem was I now had two cars setting in the driveway honking even louder at 6:00AM. I had mistakenly thought that I had set the alarm off on my car, but it was Jimbob’s instead. I bet my neighbors really loved me.

What can I say? I lead a very dull life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

Nan,

Sounds like the "C" to me. But I'll bet the neighbors were thinking someone was vandalizing cars in your driveway and the alarms were going off. Were there no calls to 911?

John

Post a Comment

<< Home