Sunday, June 04, 2006

Less Than Clever Post

I thought I'd sit here and write a clever post, but I can't think of a thing worth saying. Obviously I'm still brain dead from this past week at the office...and tomorrow is Monday and it starts all over again. Bah humbug!

At least now I only have (2) new stores to buy for with July deliveries instead of the (5) I started last week with. If that was all I had to do I wouldn't be sweating it, but as the cliche goes, that's just the tip of the iceberg.

We're still in the process of repairing the stores damaged by Katrina (or the seven flooded when Folleys roof collapsed and flooded the mall). And wouldn't you know it? Hurricane season has started all over for 2006. Forecast are for at least (5) severe storms this year.

Can you imagine trying to put a dollar value to the stuff destroyed inside these stores that are a hundred years old? Actually, you take nothing add nothing and presto...you come up with a figure that's just as reasonable as looking into a crystal ball. My crystal ball rolled off my desk several years ago and has a crack the size of the Grand Canyon in it, so it's not a whole lot of help.

1 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

I don't envy you there; you have a tough job, and I wish there was something I could do to help.

Post a Comment

<< Home