Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Mini-Update

Instead of a mini-mall, this is a mini-update while I wait for my dinner to cook. Friday we got home only to discover that the freezer of 9 months had quit. There went at least $500.00 in the garbage. But by then it was already ruined and we couldn't get a repairman out until today, so who cares? I refused to let it ruin my weekend.

Sunday afternoon, Jimbob went turkey hunting with his brothers out in west Texas. He called about 10:30 that night to tell me got a tewnty pounder. They had a chance at more but decided one was enough.

He came home with it yesterday about half dressed. And of course you know who finished the job. I keep telling everyone I'm too stupid to say no. Anyway, I finally got it cleaned and wrapped well enough to send home with one of our Bible study friends whose freezer was working.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hale McKay said...

Tough luck about the freezer. I've never had wild turkey... well,yes the bottled kind... but not the bird.
...How close does it taste to the factories ones? Gamy, I suppose.

Blogger N6FFU said...

Hey Nanc,
Sounds like Jimbob had fun. I haven't had the opportunity to hunt for one of those sorry looking but GREAT tasting birds since my Father-in-Law passed several years ago. Nothing like the store bought ones. Some how I just can't picture the gal I knew in High School plucking a Turkey. Something I would love to see :-)

Blogger Deb said...

Sorry about your freezer. LOL. I would have been stuck plucking the bird if it happened to me too.

Post a Comment

<< Home