Saturday, July 08, 2006

Lessons Growing Up

This is pretty self explanatory. Some of the lessons (and misconceptions) I learned growing up. I refuse to designate the culprit (culprits) who espoused these pearls of wisdom.

  1. Fold your toilet paper, don’t wad it.

  2. Horses only lay down when they are dieing.

  3. You get polio from being too clean.

  4. If you’re fat you are automatically stupid.

  5. Only whores wear makeup.

  6. If you take a clod shower, you will never catch a cold.

  7. Girls are too stupid to be anything but teachers.

  8. Men have erections after they have sex.

  9. After you have babies, you will get fat.

  10. Only the state of Texas had a depression.

  11. Teachers are always right.

  12. Females are to be seen and not heard.

  13. The husband always knows what’s best for his wife.

Okay, so I’ve probably bored you to death with this cornucopia of useless trivia. I challenge anyone out there who would like to play to come up with their own list.

SInce we are leaving for New Mexico this evening, I probably won't be able to post until I get back. That is unless this place we are going to has finally come into the the 21st century and got internet.

TTFN

4 Comments:

Blogger N6FFU said...

Hey Nanc,
Speaking of "English Anyone?" what, exactly, is a "CLOD SHOWER"? HeHe - Have a GREAT time on your trip!!

Blogger Christina said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog! Re: "English Anyone" - I have received that same email. I didn't have much trouble reading it, but for someone unfamiliar with the English language so many words can be confusing and inconsistent.

Have a safe trip.

Blogger Big Dave T said...

"The husband always knows what's best for his wife." Yeah, right. I'll let the missus in on that one. She already has a low opinion of blogging.

Loved your last comment on my blog. Sometimes the most innocently written words on a blog come back to display their dark side.

Blogger Deb said...

I had a boyfriend once who thought I was fast because I wore makeup; we didn't last long.

Glad my hubby didn't see the last one, he'd be gloating.

Tried to comment on your "English' blog, but blogger hated me that day. "Their" and "THERE" used to trip me up.

Have fun on your trip!

Post a Comment

<< Home