Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Green Thumb


Do I have a green thumb…or what? Last year I planted two tomatoe plants and got one measly tomato that the birds got to before I did. So this year, I didn’t even bother. Now I have two plants that have voluntarily come up and so far we’ve gotten half-a-dozen tomatoes.

Now, can you believe this? I have not planted any cantaloupe seeds ever. But if you look at the picture, if this is not a cantaloupe, it's a really good imitation of one. There are actually two that are nearly ripe for the picking. I put this trellis up because I was going to plant hyacinth vines, but this is what I got instead.

5 Comments:

Blogger N6FFU said...

Hmmmm, hyacinth melons.... Something you're going to write for the Sci-Fi channel??

Anonymous Anonymous said...

your homegrown tomatos are awesome, they have much better flavor than the ones at the store, & that cantaloupe looks just as good! :D

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

When life hands you lemons, make lemonade, right? So what do you make when life hands you canteloupes? Maybe a yummy bowl of chilled melon pieces? Sounds good to me.

John

Blogger Deb said...

LOL. That usually how my veggies grow. Enjoy them!

Blogger Big Dave T said...

Wait a minute. That's no cantaloupe. It looks an awful lot like the pod from outer space in Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

(Better sleep with one eye open . . . just in case.)

Post a Comment

<< Home