Thursday, July 20, 2006

Surprise

I got home yesterday about 6:00 PM only to find out that our power had gone off some time after Jimbob left to take his Mother back to his brother's and then to go teach. First thing I noticed when I walked in was that the ceiling fan in the family room wasn't on. And it was a whopping 103 outside. At lease the house had only gotten to 80+.

Then I checked the fridge and it was off. After checking all the lights in the house and getting nothing, I checked all the circuit breakers. I could hear our neighbor's air conditioner running, but we had zip, nada, zilch.

Next step was to call TXU, and they said they'd get someone out as soon as possible. Anyway, they showed up after seven and didn't get us back on line until 9:30. It's amazing how dependent we are on electricity.

I can't remember extreme temperatures bothering me so much when I was a kid, but they sure do now. Maybe that's because I've gotten old and fat.

By the way, Happy Birthday to me (last Monday).

5 Comments:

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

A happy one indeed! I didn't know. (Not that I would have remembered if I DID know, but...)

John

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

P.S. The power outatage sounds "Conspiratorial" to me.

Blogger Moggy said...

Happy Belated Birthday. I can't believe how dependant I have become on the internet. My home internet wasn't working for almost two days and I couldn't update my blog and that was driving me crazy.

Hope your staying cool now.

Blogger Deb said...

Happy late birthday! Oh please, you're not old and fat! :o)

Funny though, I used be able to take the heat when I was younger too. I would stay out all day riding my horse, and it never phased me. We were at 105 down here, and I was in love with the air conditioning.

Glad you got it fixed!

Blogger Big Dave T said...

I guess when we're the age we're at, birthdays are a "by the way." I just read somebody's blog where the blogger wrote that her least favorite song is "Happy Birthday" because it just reminds us now that we're another year older.

Still, I'm going to say it anyway. Happy birthday.

Post a Comment

<< Home