Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Another Day in Dustland

Being off work for a week is wonderful, but I'm getting a little bored sitting around babysitting Britt's dogs. I've done a whole lot of reading and actually been able to work on my book some. I know she can't afford to take off from work, but it'd be nice.

The weather here has been beautiful. It doesn't start to get really hot until late afternoon. But it's so dry. Yeah, I know this is dessert. Very few people have lawns and it really makes things dusty. I'm just not cut out to live in the dessert. And maybe I'm just missing all my beautiful flowers.

Tomorrow is the supreme sacrifice. I'm going into Reno with Britt in the morning to see
Mom and my sister. It wouldn't be so bad except Joan can't stop talking about what a louse Britt's husband is. If she's not ragging about him, it's her daughter-in-law. Mom just complains about everything.

God, I pray I don't wind up a bitter, hateful, old woman like that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

I could never imagine you as a mean old lady.

In ref to your other post: ROTFL The "Brawny Academy"? You're so funny. Let me know if you ever run across a "Whirlpool Academy", and I'll send all my boys there.

Ugh. . .I know what you mean about airplanes. I'm about a fraction of an inch shorter than you, and my legs kill me the whole trip.

Hope everything goes great with your visit!

Blogger Duke_of_Earle said...

If I had to live in a dessert, I'd choose something with chocolate in it for sure. But if I lived in the desert, I'd rather be somewhere close to some desert golf courses. Phoenix? Scottsdale?

(Forgive me, I couldn't resist.)

John

Blogger Big Dave T said...

Regarding the above comment, I thought maybe you'd given up sweets, hence the typo. Or maybe they just don't have pie and cake in Carson City, Nevada. Time to desert the desert to find dessert.

Post a Comment

<< Home