Sunday, September 24, 2006

Weekend?

As another too short weekend draws to a close, I have to wonder where it went, and why such a hurry. It seems like I took a long coffee break when Monday rolls around again.

I've been under so much pressure at work lately (the entire last year) that I come home exhausted every night. I spend Saturday just trying to catch up on some much needed rest.

Pray for a mild hurricane season for '06 and maybe things will let up a little this fall. Although I get all of the disaster reconstruction projects. It's amazing how many things can cause damage in a department store. Anything from some asshole driving his truck through the plate glass window and out through the mall to rob a nearby jewelry store, to fires, to water damage form sprinkler systems and of course hurricanes.

Jimbob always likes to go, go go on the weekends and all I want is a good book and no one saying "gimme." This morning I rang chimes at two services, ran home long enough to type up a program for Jimbob's Music Club at 4:00 PM, ran 60 copies, flew to Sam's for 4 dozen roses and then drove downtown to hear his students perform. When it was all over I could barely walk because my back is out of whack again.

When it was all over, Jimbob was on his way to another concert downtown, and I headed home. Do you have any idea what it's like to have to sit in the car for 45 minutes when your back is killing you. Pain has a way of wearing a body down.

I sound like my life is all doom and gloom and it really isn't. Pain puts a different perspective on life.

I took our big cat, Herald to the vet on Thursday for his annual shots. I knew this guy was overweight, but he's gone from 16 pounds to 18.4 this past year. Too bad I can't put him on a leash and go for a walk. (Yes, I have tried.) We could both use the exercise.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your back pain. That's no fun at all.

It's a bummer when an animal gets overweight. Four lbs. is probably quite a bit for a feline body. Poor fella.

Take care.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can sympathize about the back pain and a car ride. I spent too many years getting thrown off and trampled by horses, was in too many car accidents, now I'm paying for it.

That's a big kitty1 Honestly though, my mother's cat, Garfield, might have your cat beat by a pound.

BTW, there's a salve called Tiger Balm that works great on tense and painful muscles. You can get it at Wal-Mart.

Hope everything eases up on you and your back gets better soon.

Blogger Moggy said...

Hope your back is getting better. I was thinking my life was hectic, but maybe not.

Our cat is about 23 lbs, but he is just a big cat. I would also like to be able to take him for a walk and they have those little things that are sort of like a cage on wheels or a baby carrage for cats. That wouldn't get him any exercise though and if we saw another cat or a dog on our walk - I'm not sure I could handle him, even in a cage ;-)

Post a Comment

<< Home