Monday, January 08, 2007

Update

I know it’s been awhile since I posted…and I have no excuse beyond “the don’t wannas” but at least I'm past the snot epidemic. It’s been really hard for me to get back into the groove at work. About this time of year, I always fell very jaded. This place is a never ending story. The projects never stop coming and they all start to look alike.

My boss wasn’t very happy last week when I told him I had a jury summons…again. That’s about the 6th or 7th since moving to Texas. I had the wonderful privilege of serving on the world’s dumbest DWI charge a couple of years ago. This man’s lawyer pretended to be just an old down home kind of guy, but he wasted 6 weeks of everybody’s time. The worst part was he’d go out on break and smoke a cigar, then come back and lean on the rail to the jury box and breathe his cigar breath right in my face.

The second time I served was on a malicious mischief charge. Another huge waste of time. A teenage girl and her boyfriend incited her ex-boyfriend (father of her baby) to act irrationally. She called him to come to her parent’s house where she was with the new sucker and when he did she called the cops. DUH!

I spent most of yesterday tearing down a Carolina jasmine that’s been in place for 15 years. We’re getting the house painted soon and this thing had grown all the way to the roof and was insinuating itself into the woodwork. Once I got it down the real fun started. I had a pile of shrubbery that was about 5’ high and 6’ in diameter to cut up and dispose of.

Jimbob was going to pay someone to cut it down, but I’m basically cheap. Why pay someone to do a job I can do? I guess it comes from having to raise two kids on my own. Tomorrow after work, I tackle the wisteria at the back of the house.

Jimbob’s mother has been at our place for the last week and a half. More than anything, it’s always a worry that she will fall again. And the poor thing can’t remember anything from one minute to the next.

Well, back to work. The alligators are stacking up at the doorway and they’re all looking for a piece of my butt.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL about the alligators!

I'm the same way you are, can't stand to pay someone to do a job I can do; and so, that's landed me the job of mowing our 1.5 acre lawn with a push mower.

My heart goes out to you about your MIL. I know how tough it is dealing with Alzheimers'

Post a Comment

<< Home